8 treated for carbon monoxide exposure at Mississauga house – Toronto

Peel Paramedics say eight people have been treated after they were exposed to carbon monoxide inside a home in Mississauga Monday evening.

Paramedics and firefighters were called to a house on Sherwood Mills Boulevard, near Mavis Road and Eglinton Avenue West, at around 6:45 p.m.

A spokesperson for the Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services told Global News someone called 911 about a possible carbon monoxide leak.

After firefighters arrived, the spokesperson said firefighters found a high level of carbon monoxide and an evacuation of the home was ordered.

Officials said eight people were assessed after reporting multiple symptoms, including vomiting. Some of those affected were taken to hospital as a precaution, paramedics said.

Firefighters said the residents reported the heaters were fixed earlier in the day, but a spokesperson said crews haven’t confirmed the source of the leak and that the investigation is still ongoing.

© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Source link